Tuesday, September 13, 2005

An Unsespected Call

Yow, what’s up everybody?

Hmm… after full day pass without a single call or sms (damn! Where’s everybody?), my home phone rang, my sis said, it was for me. “Yeah! At last!!” I said, but trough home phone? Hmm that’s unusual. So, I picked up the phone. “Taufiq?” a girl voice on the other end. “Yeah…” I said (where was I heard this voice?). “This is Mbak Ari” (ahh, so it was her). “Err… Aji had a motorcycle accident yesterday, now he is on the I.C.U. Can you come over to support him?” hmm Okay, this is obviously not the call I was expecting. After having a shower, dinner, said the magrib prayer, and a couple of unsuccessful contact to Brama, I rushed to Dustira hospital, where Aji was treated. FYI, me, Aji and Brama were a threeboys gang back when we were in elementary school, a bike gang to be exact =). Now we’re still in contacts, tough seldom meet each other. In hospital, I meet Mbak Ari, which is his sister. She said that the accident occurred in Sunday morning, he was driven by his friend, using his bike. His appearance seemed okay, only he said his stomach was aching. After a CT scan, the doctor said an operation was needed; they had to take one of his kidney. I heard all this from Mbak Ari, since Aji was conscious only for a minute (literally), just to say “Ah… Taufiq, where’s Brama? Damn.. I had a bad luck”, then he fell a sleep. Argh, it seemed pretty ugly, his condition I mean, with all the wires and pipes connected to his body. Hope he gets well soon.

I just wanna say, I know it’s fun driving on the road, speeding is even more fun. But remember, ending up in the I.C.U is no fun at all.

No comments: