Saturday, September 10, 2005

Auto report... part 2

Well, it’s been a while, so I think it is the time to write an updated auto report ;) .

Yesterday, I brought my Suzuki Shogun (a.k.a FD110) to an authorized dealer for a regular service. I was already in the shop about half hour before it opened (even earlier than the mechanics!), so my bike could have the first shift. It started out as just a regular service and oil change, but ended with these in my receipt:

Spare parts:

-front sprocket

-drive chain

-rear sprocket

-BM1 synthetic oil

Services:

-regular service

Total cost:

IDR 165000!! (This is 60% of my monthly allowance!)

Fuh, it’s gonna be a real though month for me. Somebody, give me a job! But it wasn’t regrettable. My shogun flies in the road, as good as new (hyperbolic here… J ). Oh, I’ve changed my shocks oil last month, and with yesterday’s services, going 100+ is no challenge ;).

Now, about the car, Mitsubishi Colt T120ss, model 1991 (or 1990?). There’s some problem discovered after a visit to a mechanical shop (bengkel apa sih englishnya?). An overhaul is needed, looking from the white smoke from the exhaust pipe. Gardan (that “thing” that connect the engine and wheel, what u call it?) needs to be replaced; it starts to produce scary grinding voice. And the engine pump needs service too, it’s been suspected to be the cause of several engine shuts. Estimated costs, IDR 5million! Well… maybe later. Oh, I scratch her a little, a really little scratch… about 2x2 cm2. I was in a really bad condition, have a real big problem in mind (nope, this is not about a girl), so can’t blame myself =P. Beside, with some lovely rub with compound, it leaves no mark! Oh, I’ve corrected the steering wheel position, the horn, and the driver seatbelt btw, all by myself! (… proud).

Last, I wanna say welcome to our new garage member! (Surprise, surprise!). A new Honda Supra125XD. Features:

- Securing key shutter

- Crystal image headlight

- Futuristic digital panel

- Stylish front winker

Well, that’s what TV commercial says =P. But my Dad surprise me with this buy, cause I don’t see the urgency (fixing the car should be more urgent… aaarrggh). But Dad seems really enjoys his new bike. Can’t blame him, I know it’s a real fun. Hehehe. But still, I prefer my Suzuki than the Honda.

No comments: