Friday, September 07, 2012

Guilty Shopping

For me, among the most missed things being abroad, reading Indonesian books sits at a high ranks. So what to do when I went to my hometown last time? Shopping of course! Off to Gramedia!

It's quite a pleasant surprise to see the bookstore packed with visitor, especially youngster. There are still many fans of book in this old hometown of mine. Atleast my favorite bookstore won't go out of business in the near future, hehe. It's a relief, considering from what I read nowadays the school does not give reading assignment anymore. Blasphemy!

So these four books were what I got for myself. Three of them are about people's life, two about Pak Dahlan Iskan and the other about Pak Chairul Tanjung. These two guys have a something in common. They have the rags to riches life story. And by riches I mean ultra-mega-filthy rich! How can they gain such achievement, are the contents of the books. (hint: it's not by "pencitraan"). Btw, if you read my reading list, you'll notice that I read a lot of biography. I like biographies. By reading them I can learn from the life of great people as example.

The last book may take you by surprise. Yep, it's about stand up comedy! I admire comics (standup comedians) that can talk about sensitive issues and bring them into bright daylight. They must be smart! I want to know how they do that, hence i bought the book.

I finished three of the books. Well I kinda cheated with the Pak Dahlan books since most of the content I have known previously, so I just skimmed it. I save the comedy book for later, since I want to enjoy that book thoroughly.

So, how about you? What books did you get during the last holiday?


3 comments:

Lafrania said...

Partikel! :p

Emang dulu pas sekolah ada tugas baca buku? kayaknya engga juga deh...

piqs said...

Ckckck, jadi gitu yah sekolahan di jalur sutra

Anonymous said...

You are sο cool! I do not thіnκ ӏ've truly read anything like that before. So nice to find another person with genuine thoughts on this subject. Really.. thank you for starting this up. This site is one thing that's needeԁ
on the web, ѕomeonе ωith a littlе origіnality!


Feel free tо ѕuгf to my
blog post; Http://Www.Sfgate.Com/